Qualitative research answers ‘what’, ‘why’ and ‘how’ questions by revealing ‘insights’. An insight is consumer need or belief that points to a new brand opportunity. It is the rocket fuel to super-charge your marketing.
Insights can come from anywhere. So we use lots of creative qualitative research techniques to explore subjects from all angles and by digging deeper. We use focus groups, depth interviews, accompanied shops, observation and more. Also by setting pre-tasks, using rich creative stimulus and inspiring moderation. In so doing we understand the consumer context and challenge what they think and feel. We also engage consumers and experts to critique and develop ideas thus uncovering new opportunities.
When is qualitative research useful?
- In order to understand customers, their needs and types.
- To clarify the customer journey, behaviour, motivations and barriers to select, buy and use.
- To understand brand experiences and attitudes.
- When you have a brand, business or social issue to solve and need to diagnose possible solutions.
- To develop new products, services, marketing communications and businesses.
What we offer
- Bespoke qualitative research to answer your questions. Usually using one or more of face-to-face or online focus groups, depth interviews, accompanied shops or observation. Online qualitative methods help reach wider areas, the digitally savvy as well as collect rich audio-visual material.
- Research planning workshops to finesse the research plan.
- Full service research and analysis to develop new marketing or brand strategies, communications, products or services.
- Creative services to develop stimuli and deliver inspiring debriefs, including for example films or infographics.