How we helped devise a successful global communication campaign
Having concerns about the effectiveness about their current advertising, CIMA wanted to understand accounting students, the student journey and determine the most effective brand and communication strategy.
Professional services market research approach
- Research planning workshop followed by collaborative working to create communications stimulus.
- Professional services market research included CIMA stakeholder depths, student creative workshops (UK school and University student discussions) and depth interviews (potential, current and previous accounting students in overseas countries).
- Analysis followed by interim debrief and second stage creative development working with several agencies.
- Quantitative research in 8 countries; UK, China, India, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa, United Arab Emirates (UAE) to assess the most appealing and persuasive advertising idea(s) and determine opportunities for improvement.
- Analysis followed by debrief and working session.
Identified key drivers and barriers to taking CIMA qualifications and a blueprint to enable consistent and distinctive global communications covering rational and emotional benefits, personality and style and tone.
As a result a new global campaign was agreed and launched in all countries. This has contributed to 15% growth in students in 2 years.
See the results of our work on CIMA’s website.