We design combined quantitative and qualitative research to meet your needs. By combining quant and qual methods we answer questions including ‘how many?’ or ‘how much?’ and ‘why?’. Further, by marrying the strengths of each approach and dialing-up or down either element provides both numbers and understanding.
We do this either as part of qual or quant approach. Also as a stand-alone consumer research pit-stop, product health-check or laboratory. Typically we run pit-stops in high traffic places and also chat to customers for 10-20 minutes.
Benefits of combined quantitative and qualitative research vs. qualitative research:
- Provides extra decision-making substance.
- Avoids ambiguity.
- Avoids the group ‘hot-house’ effect.
Benefits of combined quant and qual vs. quant research:
- Adds understanding behind the numbers.
When is this useful?
To provide better contextual understanding and also quantify answers to specific questions, for example:
- What is the customer target ‘sweet-spot’?
- How does this product compare with competitors, and why?
- What are reasons for purchasing or not purchasing?
- What are most appealing new product ideas, and why?
- Which brand name is best, and why?
- What are advertising or pack design preferences, and why?
- What is the best way to merchandise, and why?
- To clarify arguments or areas for change or improvement.
- To reveal key facts to support sales pitches.
- For a cost-effective sense-check or health-check.
What we offer
- Bespoke qual-quant research to assess and also improve products, products, communications and brands.
- Added value qual or quant research to deliver extra benefits such as a marketing strategy.
Read our market research success stories and then get in touch for help to write your market research brief or seek an inspiring (and free of charge) proposal.