We design qualitative-quantitative research to meet your needs. By combining quantitative and qualitative methods we answer questions including ‘how many?’ or ‘how much?’ and ‘why?’. Also by marrying the strengths of each approach and dialing-up or down either element enables the delivery of numbers and understanding.
We do this either as part of qualitative or quantitative research or as a stand-alone consumer research pit-stop, product health-check or laboratory. Typically we also conduct pit-stops in high traffic locations and interview customers for 10-20 minutes.
Benefits of qualitative-quantitative research vs. qualitative research:
- Provides extra decision-making substance.
- Avoids ambiguity.
- Avoids the group ‘hot-house’ effect.
Benefits of qualitative-quantitative vs. quantitative research:
- Adds understanding behind the numbers.
When is this useful?
To provide better contextual understanding and also quantify answers to specific questions, for example:
- What is the customer targeting ‘sweet-spot’?
- How does this product compare with competition, and why?
- What are reasons for purchasing or not purchasing?
- What are most appealing new product ideas, and why?
- Which brand name is best, and why?
- What are advertising or pack design preferences, and why?
- What is the best way to merchandise, and why?
- To clarify arguments or areas for change or improvement.
- To reveal compelling facts to support sales pitches.
- For a cost-effective sense-check or health-check.
What we offer
- Bespoke qual-quant research to assess and also improve products, product attributes, communications and brands.
- Added value qual or quant research to deliver extra benefits such as strategic guidance.